I used to be so great about waking up early enough to make a nice hot breakfast of eggs, avocado toast and coffee before work. Unfortunately, those days are long gone! More often than not, I’m rushing out the door in the mornings and these overnight oats have become a staple in my house. They’re super simple to make (take less than 5 minutes of prep work), filling and healthy. I used to use fresh fruit in these but have learned that frozen fruit works just as well and produces less waste.
Feel free to get creative and add whatever fruit you like!
Serving Size: 1 serving
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 or 1 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (use 1 cup for a thicker consistency or 1 1/4 cup for a more liquid consistency)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp slivered almonds
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp blueberries (I used frozen organic berries)
- Combine all ingredients in a mason jar or medium container and stir well to combine
- Put in refrigerator overnight so oats get soft, chia seeds plump up, and frozen berries can defrost.
- THAT’S ALL! I normally eat right out of the mason jar at work but you can always be fancy and put into a bowl and decorate with additional fruit, shredded coconut, cocoa nibs – really anything you like!