Potato Prosciutto Pizza
We first tried this pizza at a friend’s house and immediately fell in love with how well all the flavors come together. If you’re not a fan of some of the ingredients aka blue cheese, neither are we usually, but the salty-ness of it adds a lot! This recipe is definitely a labor of love so pour yourself a glass of wine, yell at Alexa to play your Beyonce/Cardi B/Drake playlist and get to cooking!
Easy Button: If you don’t feel like making your own pizza crust the TJ’s pizza dough is really good
Serving Size: Makes 2 ten inch thin pizza crusts
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1 shallot diced thin
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup blue cheese
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 lb prosciutto
- baby potatoes thinly sliced (we used a mix of white, red and purple)
- olive oil
- fresh rosemary diced for garnish
- pizza dough (we use Bobby Flay’s Pizza Dough, we’re OBSESSED with this recipe and only use HALF to make 2 ten inch pizzas)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F
- Lay your prosciutto slices onto a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, you want them to be crispy and ready to crumble. Once done transfer to a plate lined with paper towels and set aside to cool.
- While the prosciutto is baking, melt butter in a non-stick skillet on medium low heat and cook down shallots and garlic for 10-15 minutes until they are caramelized – once done set aside to cool
- Rinse the sliced potatoes in cold water to remove some of the starch and pat dry, then toss in olive oil, salt and pepper to coat. Take the time to lay out each slice individually on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until almost cooked through
- Half you dough into 2 equal parts and stretch out (or roll) your pizza dough into 2 ten inch circles. Pierce the dough with a fork so it doesn’t fluff up as it bakes and place on a pizza stone or cooking sheet (one at a time) and bake for 5 mins until the bottom is golden brown.
- Once each pizza is partly baked you’re ready to top. Generously brush the top of the pizza with olive oil, then in a single layer spread the potatoes in a circle starting from the outside and working your way towards the center. Now sprinkle the mozzarella cheese, shallots, and blue cheese.
- Put the pizza back into the oven for 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and crusted is golden brown.
- Crumble the prosciutto and sprinkle generously over the top of the pizza along with the rosemary.