Grapefruit Rosemary Cocktails
This recipes combines two of our favorite things, vodka and grapefruit! It’s a light refreshing cocktail that we’d like to say is perfect for summer but to be honest we drink this all year around. You can whip up batches of this in advance of a party and be the hostess with the mostess.
If you want to be fancy you can use fun ice cube molds to jazz up the drinks. It’s hard to tell but I used a sphere mold here! Also burning the rosemary for the cocktails tends to be a fun party trick!
Easy Button: Use store bought grapefruit juice instead of making your own
Serving Size: Makes 2 cocktails
- 2 medium grapefruits to yield 6 oz of juice
- 3 tsp simple syrup
- 2 oz vodka (or more if you wanna get loose)
- rosemary sprigs
- 4 oz H2O or club soda if you prefer bubbles
- Wash grapefruit, cut in half and squeeze juice into a bowl. If you’d like to garnish your drinks be sure to reserve some slices before squeezing. Pour juice through a strainer to separate out seeds and pulp.
- Put some grapefruit juice onto a shallow plate that is larger than your serving glass and dip the rim of your glass. Then put some sugar onto a shallow plate and dip the rim of your glass in and twist to create a sugar rim. This is optional but recommended!
- In a cocktail shaker or large glass mix together grapefruit juice, simple syrup, vodka and water to combine. Pour half the mix along with some ice into each of your sugar rimmed cocktail glasses.
- Using a lighter, lightly burn rosemary sprigs to release the natural oils and toss into each cocktail
- Sip and enjoy, cheers!