Our friend, Jess, brought this salsa over for a pot luck and it was an instant hit. We’ve made it countless times since and its always been a crowd pleaser. The best part…it requires no cooking! You simply chop and combine the ingredients.
The salsa is made up of a few ingredients:
Trader Joe’s Corn& Chili Salsa: This makes up the base of the mix and is slightly sweet from the corn.
Black Beans: The beans add a hearty and dense element to the salsa.
Plum tomatoes: These tomatoes are milder in acidity and have a lower moisture content which makes them more ideal for making salsas. They add a sweet and juicy flavor.
Red Onion & Jalapeño: Both these ingredients add a light spice and bright colors.
Avocado: Adds a great buttery and creamy texture.
Cilantro: Adds a fresh earthy lemon flavor that ties together all the ingredients.
It pairs well with any Mexican dish, with tortilla or plantain chips and even by the spoonful!
- 1 jar Trader Joe’s Corn & Chile Salsa
- 1 15oz can of black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup finely diced red onion
- 2 plum tomatoes diced
- 1 avocado pitted and diced
- 1 jalapeño diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large mixing bowl combine the corn & chili salsa, black beans, red onion, tomatoes, jalapeño and cilantro
- Once it’s combined lightly fold in the avocado, try to avoid mashing the avocado
- And you’re done, enjoy!