I’m obsessed with corn anything! In college I used to drive through the Pilsen neighborhood of Chicago to find the street cart vendors that would be selling authentic elotes before it became so mainstream. I love the flavor and texture of corn combined with mayonnaise, cheese and spices.
I wanted to take the idea of elotes and create a creamy, smokey and spicy corn dip that could be served warm with tortilla chips. So I started to experiment with different spices and cheeses combined with the corn and mayonnaise and landed on this fan favorite. It’s a very simple dip with minimal effort that is sure to be a big hit at parties.
Pairs With: Tortilla chips, in tacos, smothered on almost anything/everything
Serving Size: Serves 6 appetizer portions
- 1lb frozen corn kernels
- 1 jalapeño pepper diced (if you like it spicy add 2 jalapeños)
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- green onion for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a mixing bowl combine frozen corn, serrano pepper, jalapeño, red bell pepper, cheeses, mayonnaise, taco seasoning, cumin and paprika.
- Transfer the corn mixture to a baking safe pan and bake for 45 minutes at 350F, until the dip is warm and bubbly.
- Stir in the chopped cilantro and garnish with green onions if desired.
- Serve hot!