Let’s be real – planning a meal, getting groceries, cooking and then doing a pile of dishes can be overwhelming and time consuming. We all need some express meals for those busy days when we’re working late, trying to make it to a gym class or just plain tired. We wanted to see what others leaned on for quick dinners so we partnered up with our friend Rishma to learn one of her express dinners.
Her cauliflower gnocchi recipe is effortless, only uses one pan and most of the ingredients you’ll probably already have on hand. She starts by sautéing garlic and crushed red peppers, adding in cherry tomatoes and cooking until they blister, then adding Trader Joes’s frozen cauliflower gnocchi and cooking per the package. Once the gnocchi is cooked, she lightly folds in pesto and the meal is ready! It pairs well with a salad and garlic bread and of course a glass of wine.
- 6 cloves of garlic roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 packets of cauliflower gnocchi
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup pesto
- sea salt to taste
- Heat saucepan on medium low and add 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Add in garlic and red chili flakes, cook for 3 minutes until the garlic is fragrant
- Turn the heat up to medium and add in cherry tomatoes, stir frequently to get the tomatoes blistered but not burn the garlic – about 10-12 minutes
- Add in the gnocchi packets and 1/2 cup of water and cook for about 6-8 minutes until the gnocchi is cooked through and water has evaporated
- Add in pesto and fold it in so you don’t break up the gnocchi and cook for another 5 minutes on medium low heat