Blistered Tomato Crostini
If you’ve checked out our blueberry ricotta crostinis these use similar base ingredients with a few key differences. Roasting the tomatoes and allowing them to blister adds a great flavor and texture as these explode in your mouth. The real star is the balsamic glaze which brings together all the individual components and adds a subtle sweetness.
Feel free to get creative with the ingredients. You can replace the ricotta with goat cheese or the tomatoes with strawberries!
Easy Button: Prepare the components of this dish ahead of time and all you’ll have to do is assemble before you’re ready to serve your guests!
Serving Size: Makes 16-20 crostini
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 16 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp salt (to taste)
- 1 tbsp coarse black pepper (to taste)
- olive oil
- balsamic glaze (we used the Trader Joe’s brand, it our favorite!)
- fresh basil (optional to garnish)
- 1 baguette or your favorite artisanal loaf
- Preheat over to 400F
- Toss cherry tomatoes in olive oil, salt and pepper and place on a baking sheet to bake for 25 minutes – remove and let cool slightly
- Slice the baguette into 1/4 inch thick slices, cut on a diagonal
- Brush the slices with olive oil on both sides and bake for 10 minutes on 400F or until browned and crispy
- Place ricotta, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl and whip until creamy and all the ingredients are well combined (be care not to over whip)
- Spread about 1 tbsp of the ricotta mix on each baguette, top with roasted tomatoes and drizzle generously with balsamic glaze and top with chopped basil