Beet & Goat Cheese Salad
This is the perfect versatile salad that can make a satisfying lunch or refreshing starter to your dinner party.
This is one of our favorite salads and a fun way to add more color to your diet! If you’re not a fan of walnuts you can replace them with pistachios or sunflower seeds and if you prefer more of a bite you can also add in thinly sliced red onion.
Serving Size: 4 appetizer portions
- 1 medium red beet
- 1 medium golden beet
- 1 orange cut into sections
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 6 cups baby spring mix
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- balsamic salad dressing to taste (we love Trader Joe’s Balsamic Glaze)
- Wash beets (leaving skin on) and place on steamer rack in Instant Pot with about 1/2 inch of water in the pot. If you don’t have an IP you can wash the beets and place in a pot of salted water and boil until tender (35-50 minutes).
- Ensure pressure cook valve is set to sealing and cook on high (pressure cook) for 25 minutes and allow to natural release
- Once cooled, use peeler to remove outer skin dice into bite sized pieces
- In a dry skillet, lightly toast the walnuts over low heat until golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside to allow the walnuts to cool completely.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, toss with dressing and serve